Identity verification helps protect Bittrex users from theft, fraud and prevents abuse of the Bittrex platform. It’s also important for users to know that Bittrex must comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, U.S. economic sanctions laws, and other legal and regulatory requirements. We take these compliance obligations seriously, and the identity verification helps Bittrex comply with these laws and requirements. We are committed to making sure our services are not used to launder money, support terrorism, commit fraud or other illegal activities, and we appreciate your assistance in this manner. In order to participate in our USD markets you must complete identity verification.
In order to identity verify your account, login to your account at Bittrex.com and click on "settings". Then navigate to the "my account" section and follow the directions under "my profile" and "identity verification". You'll be asked to add your profile details and upload a selfie and government identification to start the verification process.
- Selfie issues: Users must take a new “selfie” or submit a different photo than the one included on the identification document that they upload for review. By submitting a new photo, users may avoid the primary reason people encounter identity verification delays.
- Proper document type/photo: Users should also make sure they are selecting the proper document type and following the instructions of what photos to upload and when. For example, if a user is uploading a passport the system may reject the document if the picture does not include the entire passport. The instructions typically will say to take a picture of the front or back of the ID. For passports, users should take a picture of the entire passport.
- Unreadable IDs:If an ID is not readable or otherwise unable to be verified as a legitimately issued government ID, users will fail verification and will not have full access to the Bittrex trading platform. Please ensure that the picture of the government-issued ID is clear.
- Non-Latin characters on the Government IDs:There are some countries where government IDs do not support the Latin character set. For these IDs, there are additional steps that Bittrex will need to take to verify the information on the ID, often including manual intervention. To ensure a timely review process, please use international passports as these documents support Latin characters.
- Do not open multiple support tickets for ID verification:If users open multiple tickets for the same ID verification issue, it delays the process due to needing to resolve the redundant requests.
Bittrex also enforces withdrawal limits to protect customer accounts and to comply with federal and state laws and regulations. The withdrawal limits are also tied to your identity verification status.
- New/Unverified Accounts: Unverified accounts have a 0 BTC withdrawal limit.
- Basic Verified Accounts: For basic accounts, the limit is approximately $3,000 per day, which is roughly .4 BTC. This amount changes periodically to align with the price of bitcoin. (Note: It is no longer possible to verify an account as basic. All accounts must now proceed to ID Verification)
- ID Verified Accounts (without 2FA): Verified accounts can currently withdrawal 1 (or equivalent) BTC per day.
- ID Verified Accounts (with 2FA enabled): These accounts can withdraw 100 (or equivalent) BTC per day with two-factor enabled. Once you have been verified please make sure to enable two-factor from your settings to increase your limits to the 100 BTC max.
We trust that you understand Bittrex is committed to following the law and meeting the requirements of our robust compliance program. If you have any issues with identity verification, please submit a ticket on the Bittrex Support site at: https://support.bittrex.com.