To help drive innovation in the blockchain industry, Bittrex is committed to supporting both new and established blockchains. Bittrex seeks to provide its users with an ever-growing selection of blockchain technologies and digital tokens.
As two of our senior executives wrote in a Wall Street Journal Op-ed:
"A digital currency exchange serves as a nerve center of the blockchain ecosystem, and trading platforms are fundamental to ensuring the security of the blockchain by, for example, making it extremely difficult to engage in certain types of cyber-attacks. Additionally, it allows for marketbased price discovery so that the marketplace can determine the value for your digital asset; it also fosters innovation… The potential uses are limited only by the imagination of the innovators."
There are two main reviews that Bittrex completes before a token may be listed on the Exchange:
- Preliminary Review: This is an initial review to determine whether a token that seeks to be listed on the Bittrex Exchange should proceed through the full listing process. A Bittrex employee will notify you if your token has been selected to undergo the Full Listing Review.
- Full Listing Review: This is a more in-depth review of the token. Bittrex requests certain documentation through this process, including an executed Non-Disclosure Agreement and Listing Agreement. A committee comprised of Bittrex employees will determine if the token meets the Exchange’s robust criteria, and whether it will be listed on the Exchange. As part of this review, Bittrex may consult with outside advisors.
To start the preliminary review, please submit the required information through Bittrex Support using the following link:
As part of the full listing review, a token must successfully complete a compliance review before it can be listed on the Exchange. Our compliance review typically requires the applicant to provide a legal memorandum or opinion from its U.S.-qualified outside counsel or an acceptable substitute. The memo or opinion should present the factual and legal basis for its conclusion that (a) the Candidate Token is not a security under applicable securities laws, and (b) that trades of the Candidate Tokens would not be subject to regulation under any applicable laws applicable to trading of commodities.
In addition to the compliance review, Bittrex reviews several items when determining whether to list a token, including but not limited to whether it is an innovative and/or new Blockchain or has an innovative use case or application. As part of its review, Bittrex takes into consideration a number of factors including but not limited to:
- New blockchain features
- Significant improvement over existing blockchain
- Interesting, innovative, or unique application
- Usefulness of use cases
- Technological experience and reputation of token applicant and team
- Market interest
Bittrex does not currently charge a fee for listing a token on our Exchange. We believe in promoting the blockchain industry, and we have spent, and will continue to invest, significant resources to review tokens for listing on our Exchange.
Please do not believe any consultant, advisor, or individual that tells you that they can get your token listed on the Bittrex Exchange for a fee. The decision to list a token is made by a committee of Bittrex employees after a rigorous review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please submit the required information through Bittrex Support using the following link:
We will need the following information:
- Coin Name
- All information necessary to create a corporate account on Bittrex
- Coin Name and Proposed Ticket Symbol
- Description of Token
- Launch Date
- Github Link - (We only accept source code, not a binary executable)
- Did you raise money or digital currency to launch your coin? If so, please provide information on your raise.
- Did you have a premine? If so, how much is it? Is any of it escrowed?
- What is the maximum money supply of your token?
- What exchanges are you currently on, if any?
- Official blockchain explorer
- What is your TxFee for a transaction?
- Link to your whitepaper
- Social media information, including official website, twitter account, facebook page, etc.
- What is your current deployed use case for your token?
- If you are an ETH token:
- Was a code review performed of your smart contract? If so, by whom? Please provide all relevant documents.
- What is your smart contract address?